Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

Its coming up on two years since I packed up my stuff and left the place that I called home for the last three years. Though I dont feel like I should drag out my posts on what happened , then I feel like its a step in a long recovery of loving myself. And loving things before I associated them with him. Tears pouring down my face, I was told things would not change. But they did , I lost a pet ,  I lost someone that I thought loved me. Maybe he did at some point , but the love wasn't there anymore and thinking about it now . I really wish most days I left sooner, one step with recovery is you start liking and doing things you did during the relationship. Talking with a counselor , she also spoke of it being a remembrance of good memories not the bad ones.  I took a small step in that with cooking an egg in a nest, which is a piece of bread with an egg in the middle. Which was something that I loved , when I was with him. He actually made them for me when we first started dating. Now that Christmas is coming up , I have made the goal to start making sweets again no one knows that I am an avid baker and I love to give out and make sweets . Though I have made some exceptions, making stuff for parties and for my brothers birthdays. But I have this overwhelming memory of him loving my baking and he had the biggest sweet tooth. So baking is just something I lost touch with , but I am making it a goal to bake items to make as gifts for my friends and family here. November as well as much as I try to put it in the back of my mind was the month that we started our relationship. Our anniversary, I guess sometimes you think I am not over it but I am . I feel though that I need to start taking steps in recovering and moving on. I have crushes , though I am NEVER going to tell who they are. I am more careful with my heart and trusting and knowing the difference with sharing.  But honestly I am doing my best in moving on with my life , and finding out what life has in store with me. Recovery and moving on , a long but a good process you just have to know whats the best way.     


Comments

  1. Life can be very challenging at times and painful. It is important to be kind to yourself and surround yourself with people who care. Your quote at the end is very true in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my fair share of heartache before I met "the one", but don't forget to value yourself. You can't be whole with someone if you're not whole by yourself. Keep on climbing to where you need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I know how you feel. Sometimes when certain songs play on the radio, I remember who I was with and where I was when I heard to song. I wish I could completely forget about that "situation". Ughhhh. Glad you've found an outlet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...