Missions Love Around the World And Here At Home.

The one thing about being stuck , in a place where missions are not a huge thing in church . Really doesn't help when it one of the things you look forward to. I myself personally have been on two official mission trips in my lifetime. I went to mexico when I was pre high school early jr high , and then when I was in high school I went to Florida here in the states . My trip to Mexico was to give food , supplies , clothing , toys to kids in a remote village in Mexico to a planted Nazarene Church. Apart from that we painted , and sanded and polished Church pews. For the Church , Going on Missions is a very humbling experience to sit in that bus while traveling to the village almost everyday and seeing the ramshackle houses made out of scrap and wood and things found on roads. It truly brings your life into thought , you take so many things for granted , heating bathrooms , light , clean water, food . The clothing on your back , as a child the toys your parents bought you. Going there and seeing the kids happy just to eat peanuts , (we had to turn kids away due to them getting 2nds.) Peanuts simple peanuts , I complain when my food is wrong , and that's what I need remember from that experience is that . I should not take things for granted, I honestly wish I could share photos from my Trip , but I had no camera at the time. But things were certainly memorable in such a fashion that missions is the one thing I want to keep  doing somehow . I love seeing people happy , kids are the one thing that come to mind . To bring a smile to a child 's face is something honestly that can turn my whole day around. Now my 2nd Missions Trip , and Trip to our Church's Annual Convention was also a look in another direction to the poor that live here in the united states , sure we got to go to convention and universal studios as a treat for working . There was someone who needed our help , the only problem I had was certain people I felt were there for all the wrong reasons. Those are the worst, but that's a whole different story and I rather not get into that. But , on this trip we remodeled and painted the sweetest ladies house , she was a on going church goer Who loved the lord. I felt blessed to know her and how thankful she was to have her house painted and done and her walls inside her house done. Though I have Pictures from the trip I cannot upload much since I dont have a scanner. Missions are humbling and they teach you to not take what you have for granted... Its still on my bucket List to make it to or go on a Global Oversea's Mission before I Die . Its in my heart to atleast in this moment in my life , if I cant go then sometime soon I will go where god would want me for a few weeks.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...