When we leave our path, Christ is the way.

I dont know how people lose their way maybe its the media and friends around us and their thoughts on what goes on in life. Being in college for a good 3 years on campus you find out that a lot of people that are on campus . Hate those who call to the name of the lord and who are christian , I hear it almost every day I tell people I'm christian  , they start on me . "oh , good for you." "Going to try to convert me now?" " Dont wanna hear it." Its a endless cycle , I hear all the jokes , haha nice to believe in the bible a book of fairy tales that's all it is . Then I get those who have turned to God when something has gone wrong and not gotten their answer , being abused and hurt and calling for comfort and getting nothing. I know the story all too well , And being around campus and talking to friends and campus folk. Its something that people need to know , I've started reading a book that further proves my point and I know most people once they read it they can be mad but it proves a ton of huge points of the christian faith. How Hypercritical we are of those who fall from faith or make mistakes.
That is what I've seen and its saddens me , we turn our backs on friends and family when we see them sin. When they  us the most we  abandon them  , turning our back on them because of their sin. Treating them different as to say , I can deal with you but im not going to be there for you. And its harsh , I've personally almost been reduced to tears coming back to a church group and being treated like I was a stranger no one wanted to get to know. People who hugged me and asked me how I was doing were silent and hardly asked me anything as I tried to interact with them. It feels like your the only one in the building , in a building full of people. This made me turn away turn away from the one thing that kept me alive through the tough times in my life. I did not care to hear anything about my faith , it was wrong to turn away but to be treated like you were nothing just because of a simple choice . And that's what is mainly was , To go to a get together where you were treated like family . To be ignored and treated like a leper , it hurts it truly does. Things like this hurt people and have them shy away from the church , instead of feeling the love of a church family they go home and cry and feel lonely. Like I said I know this feeling all too well , We do need to know the sin but we dont need to treat the person like they dont exist . We need to embrace them and love them and let them know that they are loved no matter what. This will bring them back to the path , I myself , still deal with the feeling of being rejected because of my past and what ive chosen in my life. And I believe that its wrong. I dont chose to feel like this nor feel like anywhere I go to try to attend church I am going to be rejected. None the less , I just believe to guide people back on the path that god wants for them we as followers of the church need to embrace and love them as followers of Christ. In doing this we are able to bring more towards the light and get them to embrace the spirit .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...