The Library A Portal into other worlds!



I've always been a reader since the age I knew I could read. My mother gave me a understanding and read to me almost every night . She took me to the library to pick out books almost everyday , she enrolled me into book reward programs. Into book clubs where I would receive a new and free book with activities to do almost every month. In my hometown , the librarians who have been at the library most of my life have watched me grow up. From being a small child dragging a book bag with her to being a adult reading about the most random things ever. What is my point to this? I love books , I'm a reader   I've read Breaking dawn in a few days . The Library is a portal to another world , to love on characters and hate the bad guys. When you are feeling down and dont know where to turn it always something . To Cheer me up
None the less its something that can free the mind. 
It is known that books can be like therapy when you are stressed. None the less I read to learn I read to escape. Things to expand your mind , I usually read things that are interesting to me and hold my thought. It is also known that people who read get ahead in the career of their choosing. Researching quotes , or rather information about readers I came upon a quote. 
  • 14% of children in lower income homes rarely or never read books for pleasure. ( this is think is BS) 
 This is purely BS , I came from a lower income home and my brothers do as well and they love to read. .. None the less have you visited your library today?

Comments

  1. that statistic is probably FAR too low. First, it doesn't say 100% of kids from lower income homes don't read. It says 14%. I'm almost 35 and grew up in a single family, middle income household. I love to read. Not because we were poor and didn't have a tv but because my mom shared with me her love of reading at a young age. But...I'm the oldest of 3 and my brother and sister both rarely or never read books for pleasure. My boyfriend and his sister both rarely or never read for pleasure. In the 16 years that we've been together, I have only seen Dave with a book TWICE. Both times were on vacation. Even then, he usually brings a Sports Illustrated to the pool or beach as well and probably spends more time reading that. And we grew up in the age of computers and early video game systems but this has become a society where kids don't even go outside and play anymore! They are attached to their iPhones or iPads or XBOX or PlayStation after school and on the weekends. Why would they read a book? I really wouldn't be surprised if a new study had a higher number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. true , but it was just a random study that I had found while researching the subject.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...