Beach Reach 2016 : South Parde Island

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13
Last week , was my spring break and I used it to put it towards ministry needs. I have never been so excited to go on beach reach. Before I say anymore these photo's are in no necessary order. Just photos from my trip. Anyways back to my thoughts, this was something that I dont regret and something that I will always keep in my thoughts no matter what.
 "Come, follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men. Matthew 4:19"
We started our week early by leaving Friday night when everyone else was preparing their week. I was in a Van. Praying and hoping this week peoples lives would be changed. Even though I have been on several mission trips. I had never been on something like this, I had never dealt with drunk people or people my own age. Sometimes we deal with our own fears, but once we get into that right mindset. Going and traveling that night I was worried what if I cannot reach these people? what if my story does not effect anyone? A lot of people , Christians even sometimes they fear certain issues they shy away from it pretending its not there.
Many students from our own university go to south parade and other coastal islands to "party" their cares away. They drink , they party, and they have sex. For one week you can pretend to be someone else. But what many do not know is the cost of this week will come back to haunt them. Others will get away Scott free. While others live with what happened. Looking at the news , several people usually go missing the week they are on spring break. Police recently just found a body of a young spring breaker off the coast of mexico.
Its upsetting to see women used for the most deplorable things. And told things as well, human trafficking and drug trade. The list goes on and on , locals and tourists prey on others. This isn't a world for the weak and that is the harsh reality. We as apart of beach reach did several ministries, even though. We were only able to participate in a given few; We did a midnight pancake breakfast , gave rides the whole week during the day and during the evening until 4 am Texas time. Everything was so taxing on the body , I can tell you im finally almost caught up on sleep. But it was worth every single thing that went wrong and went right. Something that truly is worth knowing that you may have planted a seed. You may have started,someone getting curious about the lord.
Which is a good feeling there was so many times where we ran into the feeling that we were getting to them . But then they would soon think differently..
I know though we made some kind of impact.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

When it comes down to it .. You Gave Up , I did not ..