The kingdoms not what you think : thoughts .. book by jefferson bethke

"The kingdom's is not where you think , Its not in the sky its here now"-its not what you think Jefferson bethke
Most the time people think  that Christianity is a take it or leave it sort of thing. This means that there wont be much of a difference if they accept the word or not. Its not going to make much of a difference so why bother? I get a few conversations here and there about my faith. And while on a missions trip , I got to talk to a lot of non-believers . They dont feel the need to become something more because they feel like Jesus is an option. A lot of Christians settle for the title that they receive when they accept Christ as their savior. That it all leads up to being in heaven with him. But life is truly making the gospel and Jesus apart of our everyday lives. 
What does it mean though? to truly have a life impart with him and putting Jesus in our everyday life. To truly be apart of the kingdom , what does that mean for us? What is the true marks or characteristics of a citizen of the kingdom? One that was deeply noted in the book , was enemy forgiveness, and love . Foot washing is another.. but what is truly foot washing? Lets get to the point of enemy love and forgiveness. We have always been told as a child to fear the enemy and anything that they may bring. But what truly would happen if we did love our enemies ? We have seen examples in martyrs in history Christians who died and loved the enemy as they were killed while spreading the love of Christ. They became something a symbol of love, and loving the enemy. This has changed the world that we live in. It has softened the hearts , of others. Then the aspect of foot washing , what is that? As told by me , this meant it is a form or rather "symbol" of a servants heart. In most ways , that you give it your all. This can be shown in most ways by other ways not only washing someone's feet. As weird as that sounds, I would suggest something less weird , like paying for someones coffee offering to help them in some way. I was told to have a servants heart is to do something for someone and not accepting anything in return. My mother made sure her children knew this from a young age. We did service projects and did what we could. This was something that was told a must do. As for me I have a heart for missions and helping others in any way possible. I know sooner or later my brothers will find their own gift. Though we were told the kingdom is in heaven and in the "sky" I fully believe that we must show gods kingdom here on earth.
 ( this is thoughts of my own mixed in with ideas and passages and small words from Its not what you think by Jefferson bethke.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

If I could..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...