Watching Your Little Brothers Grow up .

I haven't talked on here in awhile , and other than my usual talk. I thought I would talk about different parts of my life. And since this is the net , as I would call it when I talk about other family members I usually refer them to their first name or a different name altogether. To keep them safe , and to keep my family safe.
Ok back to my post I just thought I would make that Clear to some who wonder and read this blog. Anyways , somedays I can remember the first day when my mother told me she was pregnant. I was in 2nd grade I believe and I was ecstatic and curious. Most of my life till that time wondered how it would be to have a sibling. What it would be , and what would happen. Who knew , I grew up more faster than I thought? My mother is a single mother if no one knew. So I became and starting to take on the role of big sister and little mommy. I dont want anyone to think my mother did not do her job. Shes a wonderful mother , but she thought it would be a good time to teach me. She would watch and teach and do. So I learned, and that is something that came in handy. So It was the 3 of us for awhile and if anyone guessed it was a boy. Sometime later, we had another arrival . You guessed it again , so we were first a family of 2 then 3 and now 4. And trust me it stopped there , LOL anyways. Years later we have a 16 year old , and a energetic 12 year old .  These boys own half of my heart even though somedays , I have to shake my head. I dont know what I would be if I wasn't a sister , to these two wonderful boys.
With them growing up , you face a lot of challenges they first are this small thing .That you can hold in your hands , dress up like a doll. And trust me I knew they weren't dolls but it was fun picking out outfits. Half of the clothing , I approved now thats changed . Things change when you watch your little brothers grow up , they now pick out their own clothing. But honestly I get some approval , and I ask for theirs. The 16 going on 17 year old , hes in the "too cool" for family stage he likes to spend time with family friends. No big deal , now the 12 year old we are much closer its something that the youngest and the oldest are close. He loves weekends he gets to spend the night at my house , we do things together . We have a concert planned on the 30th, I often think since I had more of a hand in raising him and babysitting him more. We are more adapt to each other , and know each other more. Time after time , we three support each other through thick and thin.
 The times I have with my brothers are priceless , and I know someday soon . I wont have that , they will have their own lives and their own jobs. So I take every moment with them , and enjoy it . I know that I have a friend for life to share life with . And times are changing , and when it comes down to it I think all older siblings will see their younger ones as babies . This priceless thing that we wanted to protect , and keep small forever. But we know that it isn't possible because when it comes down to it. Small becomes big .. thats just the way it goes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...