A tale of 3 Kings , Christian leadership..


I am currently reading several books , I try to give each an equal time of reading. One of them is A tale of three kings and one is a "fun" book and the other is a devotional type of book . From one of my favorite authors , either way im reading this Sumner. You can catch it all on my good reads profile. Anyways.. if I usually have a headline for this I think of it as something worth being shared. They are my thoughts on the book and what I think... so .. lets go...! 

The first few chapters bring us the story of David , a young Shepard boy. Who took care of their families flock of sheep. He was the youngest and a passive person I think . Being the youngest he wasn't really relied on much but to watch and protect the sheep. Samuel , was told to find the next ruler of the kingdom. Though he did not find David right on time , he thought that God meant for one of this other brothers to become King. One was strong the other smart, they each had some kind of characteristic that seemed worthy of a king. But God wanted David he wanted him , his brothers were soon told to fetch him. Once David stood before Samuel, and knelt as he had oil poured on his head. Behold the lords anointed ! Soon some time had come to pass , and his brothers went to war and he became a messenger between the lines bringing his brothers food. That is when David's biggest foe for the moment came to be Goliath. He slayed the great big man , and became a hero in most ways. 

Though this came about because David was considered pure hearted , he was soon . In the kings favor , he sang to the king often . The king liked David and knew somehow the young guy would take his place. He was somewhat jealous of the young boy err. rather man that David was. David seem to be wise among his years he understood. What some men did not understand , God did not have-but wanted very much to have men and women who would live in pain. God wants and wanted a broken vessel. 
What does it mean ? a broken vessel ? In my own words please dont think I know more than most people. I believe that most of us in some way one or the other. We have been damaged or rather broken. It can be a number of things , and this can seem like a number of things , but the fact is we are broken. And through Christs love , we are made whole. 

Well.. my thoughts for now. Thanks guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

When it comes down to it .. You Gave Up , I did not ..