#maybehedoesnthityou movement

Maybe he doesn't hit you , is a hashtag that is starting to trend on twitter and is starting a movement to prove that abuse is not only physical but emotional and mental as well. Above is an example of a hashtag, I chose that as not only an example but also as a viewpoint of myself , something my ex did. And he used the excuse , because he loved me he felt etc was wrong for me or wasn't someone I should be talking to at the time. Or where I should work or who I should talk to because he knew them and they were not good according to him. The more I tend to look over my past relationship, the more I notice times where he was a decent boyfriend but with that being said there was periods of emotional and mental abuse that went on. Towards the end he made me feel like I was the one not paying attention, the one that wasn't putting forth the effort because I did not care. When I did , but when you are shut out , and told the same thing over and over. You stop trying to reach out, you stop trying to get them to talk.

This is another light example , I needed permission for almost everything. I did when we lived together, if I wanted to go somewhere on my own I need to tell him where I was and when I got home when I was leaving . If I was with someone who also was there , if  he knew them. Almost anyone male was off limits because if he did not know them I would be cheating on him... 
This was a HUGE one , his last ex  was horrible to him any time I screwed up , or was "mean" to him. He brought , up her and he made me feel like I was just as messed up as her which in turn made me feel like crap and it hurt. As time went on , my life seems a twist between staying and trying to make it work because I had given and said so much to stand up for it. A lot of people had no idea , he was like this behind doors. We were the couple that everyone loved and that everyone wanted to know our key to relationship success. But honestly it could be two things behind doors, love and acceptance or darkness. I feel like I am a survivor, because despite him throwing me out. I left and never looked back. Though time after time , I feel the want and need to have him back in my life I know that despite him loving me , he abused me as well. And that isnt love , you should never settle for something like this. 
The facts state. This is from a local article that I found on twitter 
As the nation’s largest provider of domestic violence services (including shelters, legal representation, and counseling), we at Safe Horizon know all too well the common forms of non-physical relationship abuse. Among domestic violence survivors:
  • 87% say that their abuser insulted their family and friends.
  • 62% say that their abuser made them do something humiliating
  • 93% experienced economic abuse (preventing from working, harassment at work, ruining of credit score)
  • 31% were pressured to quit their job
#MaybeHeDoesntHitYou but that doesn’t mean that the relationship isn’t abusive.
That’s why this hashtag and the conversation it sparked over the past few days are so important. Together, they can inspire those experiencing abuse to seek help.
Read some of the tweets that we found most moving from this conversation below and feel free to share your own. Tweet #MaybeHeDoesntHitYou and also tag @SafeHorizon.
If you or someone you know is experiencing abuse, please call our 24/7 hotline at 1-800-621-HOPE or the 24/7 National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 today.

If you know someone , who is dealing with this please share the numbers it can save someone. 
I talked with a counselor during and after the end of my relationship to know that certain things were not right.
I got help and I can say , I feel better as time goes on  You will get help and you will get better and time helps. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...