Someone out there loves you...

This last week , there has been so much effort to spread awareness about suicide we learned of the lead singer for Linkin Park took his own life. For most reasons that were not stated. When someone is hurting , they may not always show it, even the happiest people can cry in the dark. I've dealt with my battles in the past , and I still sometimes deal with self confidence issues. But the one thing , for sure there is so much holding me here giving me hope. I have friends and I have family that I know would be there , if I asked. For those who sit there and tell me well I dont have anyone , you need to realize there is someone out there who loves you. There has been so much media , and craze with 13 reasons why , and its going on its 2nd season. I am not thrilled , this is only highlighting something many people deal with. The lead character , leaves "tapes" for those she left behind stating why she took her own life. I have seen the teaser for season 2 , which left me with flashbacks to my own attempt and not going through it or attempting it. I will not ever watch that show for the fact of dealing with my own battles I feel as if that show is something that can bring up the past in the most hurtful way. Most people praise the show for bringing , mental illness to light. Although it is bringing some light I believe that it isn't enough. Several students on my campus , took their own life in the course of one year. One too many , thats what I think , people are left reeling with the feelings of why someone needed to take their own life. Some people can relate while others are sitting there with the feeling of why did this need to happen? From personal experience a lot of people will not reach out because of the fear , especially men. The feeling of weakness plague a lot of people that is one of the main reasons why they do not reach out. We need to show others that we are there for them , no matter the issue no matter the trouble. The more that we make ourselfs open to being there for those who are struggling the less we will know or think about this issue. As for me , I am there for you no matter what , I am here to talk because honestly I have been there. 
You are not alone ... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...