Mexico Missions: I left my heart in Juarez





 Im sorry I have not gotten a chance to post my thoughts and what happened during my mission trip to mexico. A lot of exciting things happened , we helped a church . We visited an orphanage or rather a children's home. No way are any of these photos in the order I want them but that doesn't matter. This mission trip was through my local church. It was a short but a wonderful trip in my eyes. I met wonderful people who I cherish and consider friends now. I really hope to see them sometime soon. So on to more thoughts, We went to 3 churches. And helped all of them , we did a basic small revival type of service with kids actives and such. And we met with the local kids during the day. I believe just seeing what it is like and what I remember from another trip. Isn't shocking but it makes you realize how lucky you are . Here in the United States of America , certain parts of Juarez seem so normal . But when you dig deeper you notice how much we need to help. Being from a church , we usually try to stress that we as a church should be doing more for the community. Not the world outdoing us, as what was told to me . By others in our group . At the height of the cartel violence, there wasn't much help coming in .  

 To help these people, and that was understandable, there was safety issues. And other things that we needed to worry about, years later most churches have not come back and seem still "too scared" to even think about planning a trip. But major companies are filling the need and making sure that certain places in need of help are getting what they need. In retrospect they are putting churches to shame. Years ago there was a huge excuse not to go, but now since things are not high level dangerous. I believe we should be coming back trying to get into mexico trying to help those who need help. Now back to personal thoughts on the subject , I truly felt blessed when I was on this trip. Not only did I meet new people I was able to share and show god's love. Many people express the heart to want to do missions. But many seem to leave and go for the wrong reasons. When I was smaller I had always expressed the interest in missions.Wanting to go and see the world while telling others about Jesus. I had learned about missionaries , who had traveled and sometimes gave their life . Just telling people what they knew. My mother always expressed the need for missions and she showed us certain small projects that we could do.
I believe when you have the right heart and the right mind set , then you are truly ready for missions. If you believe that is your calling , or rather your passion. Things were changed back in mexico and I hope to make it back and help grow the churches that we helped and see many other things.
<3




































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could..

Recovery and Moving on with your life : Its a Process..

TV Watching , This is what I do ...